After graduation

Registration and Degree Certificates

Your last day of being registered as a student at the University is the day your degree certificate has been dated with. The following day you are no longer a student at the University of Tampere. After graduation, you can still request the following documents from the Registrar's Office:

  • Transcripts of Records

  • Diploma Supplement

  • Certified copies of your Degree Certificate.

Student Union Membership and Student Card

Although you are no longer registered at the University after you have been issued a degree certificate, you still remain a member of the Student Union. You will retain you Tamy membership as long as you are entitled to according to the membership fee you have paid. For example, if you graduate in September and have paid the membership fee for the whole academic year, you can retain your membership until the end of the academic year, i.e. until the end of the following summer. You can therefore make use of all the student benefits normally for the duration of your membership.

However, if you have paid the Student Union membership fee for the whole academic year but graduate during the autumn semester, you can request the spring semester fee to be refunded. You can request a refund until the end of your graduation year (calendar year) and in the first days of January. Tamy decides whether a refund will be given or not. If you do get a refund, you can no longer get any of the student benefits during the spring semester. In this case the sticker for the whole academic year will be removed from your student card and replaced with a sticker for the autumn semester only. Forms for applying for a refund of the Student Union membership fee are available from the Registrar's Office.

Your student card is yours to keep even after you graduate. You can nevertheless only enjoy the student benefits until the sticker on the card runs out.

IT Services

Please see the page Services for graduating students in the university intranet (link "Services..")!


Tampere University Library services are available to you even after graduation. You can still use your library card/student card as your library card. Please remember to inform the Library if there are changes in your contact information. The remote access of e-resources is available as long as your basic user account is valid. Even after that you can use e-resources on the Library premises.

Further information on the library services is available on the University Library (link) website.

Student Financial Aid

In case you are entitled to the Finnish student financial aid, it is important to check the effects graduation has on your aid well before graduating. Please consult the Student Financial Office or KELA (link) for further information.

Doctoral Studies

If you are interested in postgraduate (Doctoral) studies, please see the University of Tampere Doctoral School (link "University..") website.

Moving on to Working Life

Information for graduates is produced by UTA Career Services. Please see the Career Services website (link) for useful links and further information.

The UNIPOLI Tampere (link) pages also include information on working in Finland and job seeking.