Forgot to enrol?

All degree students are required to enrol at the University annually. The enrolment period for the academic year 20172018 ends 31 August 2017.

If you fail to enrol by the deadline, you will lose your right to study. You can, however, apply for your study right to be reinstated (Universities Act 2009/558, §43).

  1. Fill in the form "Application for restoration of right to study" available on the Forms page. You can also pick it up from the Registrar's Office.
    • If you were enrolled for the previous semester, you will not need to include the enclosures mentioned in the form.
    • If you are a new student and have lost your right to study due to enrolling as absent without submitting proof of the legal grounds for your absence, you will not need to include the enclosures mentioned in the form.
  2. Deliver the form to the Registrar's Office. Email: Postal address: Aktuaarinkanslia, 33014 Tampereen yliopisto. Visiting address: Kalevantie 4, room A121.
  3. If you also need an extension to your right to study, fill in the relevant form and its enclosures available on the Forms page.
  4. You will be notified of the decision by post or to the e-mail address you have given.
  5. Enrol according to the instructions. Pay the student union membership fee (optional for doctoral students) and the re-registration fee  (€35).
  6. If your basic user account (BUA) has been inactivated, you can reactivate it by setting a new password at the day after your enrolment has been registered. For instuctions concerning your basic user account, see IT-helpdesk's page.